What are Biofertilizer:
Preparations containing live cells of nutrient-mobilising microorganisms used for application to seeds or soil with an objective of increasing the population of such microorganisms to augment the availability of nutrients in a form which can be assimilated by the plants.
Why Bioinoculation is required:
Presently the excessive usage of chemicals is one of main deciding factors for enhancement of agricultural productivity. The massive dependence on chemicals has given rise to certain problems including:
i) high cost of cultivation
ii) low quality of agricultural outputs owing to the presence of toxic chemical residues
iii) Soil and water pollution due to indiscriminate usage of chemicals
Above problems can be overcome by more and more usage of bio-agri-inputs
Role of NAFED in Bio-Fertilizer and promotion of Bio-agri-inputs
The first unit for manufacturing biofertilizers was set up by NAFED in the year 1984-85 at Indore (Madhya Pradesh) and the second unit in the year 2000-01 at Bharatpur (Rajasthan). The efforts of these units in terms of capacity utilization, quality control and extension & promotion of this noble biotechnology have been duly recognized by the National Productivity Council ( Govt of India) by way of giving away prestigious Best Performance Awards for 11 times until-now.
As a result of the continuous efforts of R & D team of NAFED Biofertilizers, we now possess the following products on our shelves:-
1. Rhizobium - for leguminous crops
2. Azotobacter - for cereals, millets, vegetables and other horticultural crops
3. Azospirillum - for maize, bajra, potato, etc.
4. Acetobacter - for sugarcane and sugarbeet
5. P.S.B. - for all the crops.
6. Composting Culture for decomposition of organic waste
7. Trichoderma Viride Biofungicides for all crops
With a view to make available ranges of products of Bio-agri-inputs for the benefit of the farming community, NAFED is empanelling the manufacturers of the trade producing the products other than that of NAFED and willing to market their products through NAFED The following are the broad guidelines set by NAFED for considering to allow the manufacturers to market their Bio-agri-inputs through NAFED :-
- The manufacturer should be duly registered and holding the production license issued by the competent authority.
- The manufacturer must possess the complete manufacturing infrastructure and man-power for production & quality control.
- The manufacturer must possess Organic Certification also for its products.
- The manufacturer must be agreeable to have the business transactions with NAFED strictly on back-to-back basis. (i.e. the payment to the manufacturer against the supply will be released by NAFED only after getting payment from the buyer and after deducting the service charges of NAFED.)
- Inspection of manufacturing facilities of the manufacturer shall be carried out by a committee of NAFED and subject to a satisfactory recommendation of the committee, the proposal/offer of the manufacturer shall qualify for taking a decision by NAFED.
- The manufacturer must be agreeable to fix the selling prices of its products strictly as per prevailing market rates and with the concurrence of NAFED.
- The manufacturer must be agreeable to undertake the marketing activities of its own resources.
- The manufacturer should be in a position to supply the product under the brand name of "NAFED" wherever required. The formalities required to be fulfilled in this regard shall be at the expenses of the manufacturer.
- Territory of supply earmarked by NAFED must be agreed upon by the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer is responsible for all Central / State laws pertaining to the quality control, weight & measurement, etc.
- The manufacturer is soley and wholly responsible for the quality of the products in terms of specified acts/standards/ as per requirement of the indenting organization and in case of any complaint in this regard, the manufacturer is absolutely responsible.
- Credit worthiness, reputation, etc. of the manufacturer shall qualify for taking a decision by NAFED.
- Service charges payable to NAFED by the manufacturer shall be determined in advance and revision/enhancement in service charges shall also be made as and when deemed fit.
- The manufacturer whose offer has been agreed upon by NAFED must
- A) Execute an agreement with NAFED
- B) Deposit a minimum amount of Rs.1.00 (One lac ) with NAFED as interest-free security money which would be returned to the manufacturer by NAFED on expiry/termination of the agreement and along with final settlement.
15. NAFED reserves the right to terminate the agreement with the manufacturer in case of breach of the terms and conditions of the agreement and/or any cause without assigning the reasons thereto.
Interested manufacturers willing to market their Bio-agri-inputs through NAFED on the above broad guidelines may send their offers along with the enclosed Questionnaire duly filled in and completed in all respects and with the relevant documents to
The Managing Director,
National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED),
Sidhartha Enclave, Ashram Chowk,
New Delhi – 110014
1. Organization profile with its experience in the field
2. Literatures of the products of the Organization
3. Sample of the products
4. A) Attested true copy of Registration Certificate of the Organization in case of Proprietorship firm
B) Attested true copy of Partnership Deed in case of Partnership firm
C) Attested true copy of Certificate of Incorporation in case of a Company registered under the Companies Act with copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
D) Attested true copy of Registration Certificate issued by the Registrar in case of Cooperative Society alongwith Bye-laws of the Society
5. List of names, addresses and contact Nos. of the partners / directors of the Organization
6. Resolution for the authorized signatory to execute the agreement with NAFED
7. Copies of Licences under F.C.O. / C.I.B.
8. Copies of test reports of the products
9. Copy of Organic Certification
10. Copy of audited accounts of the Organization for the last three years
11. Copy of Bank Statement for the last three years
12. Credit Worthiness Report by the bankers of the Organization
13. Copy of Permanent Account No. (PAN) of the Organization
14. Copy of Income-Tax Returns and assessment orders of the Organization for the last three years
15.Copy of VAT Certificate along with assessment orders for the last three years
FOR CURRENT/UPDATED DETAILS KINDLY SEE OUR ANNUAL REPORT